Hi I'm Heather, and I'm here to share recipes (and more) for all that backyard garden zucchini.
I started my main website, The Toasty Kitchen, back in 2017. Since then, I've published over 500 easy homemade recipes and have over 8 million visitors a year.
After diving into a new hobby of backyard gardening in 2020, I quickly found that growing zucchini was not only easy, but plentiful!
However, I had a hard time finding a great resource with a variety of recipes for my zucchini bounty (if you've ever grown your own zucchini, you know). That's when I decided to make my own!
Here at Zucchini Zone, you'll find flavorful, from-scratch zucchini recipes that are easy to make in your home kitchen. Everything from dinners to desserts - you'll find it here!
My favorite recipes
I've got too many favorites to list, but here are a few in each category. These are all a must if you've got some extra garden zucchini on hand!
- Applesauce zucchini bread - This is my go-to classic zucchini bread recipe. It's moist and tender with just enough sweetness and a hint of cinnamon.
- Cranberry orange zucchini bread - This is my favorite bread recipe for the holidays. The house smell so good when it's baking and it makes a great breakfast with coffee.
- Turkey zucchini meatballs - What a fantastic way to add a few extra veggies to your meal! These meatballs taste great and freeze beautifully. I like to make extra to freeze for quick meals throughout the month.
- Broccoli cheddar zucchini soup - Serve a hot bowl of creamy broccoli cheddar soup with some crusty bread and I'm a happy camper!
- Broiled zucchini - This is my favorite way to make a quick side of zucchini. Using the broiler ensures that your zucchini doesn't overcook and get mushy.
- Grilled marinated zucchini- There's nothing better than a quick grilled zucchini in the summer. I love to make this recipe along with burgers on the grill.
- Potato zucchini soup - Simple comfort in a bowl. It's made with just a few ingredients and tastes great on a cold day.
- Lemon zucchini cookies - These are a must try if you love lemon desserts. They're the perfect summer treat!
- Chocolate zucchini cupcakes - A classic zucchini baking recipe. The chocolate completely masks any hint that there's zucchini inside. All you'll see and taste is a tender, chocolately cupcake.